A boudoir session is an intimate and personal celebration of your femininity and self love journey. Boudoir sessions are incredibly self-empowering and an amazing way to celebrate an upcoming marriage, an anniversary, love, or simply yourself.
The Boudoir Collection $850
· Bri Johnson's personal expertise on all pre-session planning, the shoot, and post session work.
· 2 hour photographic session in studio or on location (bedroom or hotel room). The studio is located in Jersey City, NJ.
· A private password protected hi-resolution, online gallery of all the images for approval & download.
· Online gallery within 3 weeks of the session date.
· Includes three images (selected by you) to be retouched and sent digitally.
· Prints, products, and other retouched digital files are additional costs.
Possible Add Ons
· Additional hours of photography $350 per hour.
· 8 x 8 - 20 page - "Little Black Book" $650
WHAT TO EXPECT: It's all about styling and planning. The more time invested in selecting wardrobe that you are comfortable in and using professional services that give you confidence, the happier you will be with the end results. We will collaborate in depth to decide on the perfect location and wardrobe to make your boudoir session a success. A session typically takes 2 hours to complete and includes 1-3 outfit changes throughout the session. We will use different backgrounds at your chosen location or in studio and spend time taking photos that give you a variety of backgrounds and tell your boudoir story. I recommend bringing a minimum of at least five outfits, that will give us options and keep the photos interesting and include a few backup options. I will help you decide which outfits would be most appropriate and in what spots or on what backgrounds.
WHEN TO SCHEDULE: Boudoir sessions can be done at anytime, but I recommend the time of the month right after your monthly visit from Aunt Flow when you're feeling normal and energy levels are high. (No one wants to model lingerie irritable and not feeling their best). If you are planning on giving the session as a gift to a partner, I recommend having the session photographed 2-3 months prior to the wedding date to ensure delivery by the wedding date.
WHAT TO WEAR: All woman are beautiful! Your wardrobe should be a direct reflection of your personality. I recommend wearing something that you are comfortable and confident in.
- Choose lingerie that highlights your curves. Bring at least 5 outfits options you are comfortable in.
- Off the shoulder sweaters, silky robes, tight t-shirts, or over sized button ups can be really beautiful and sexy.
- Meaningful lingerie, jewelry, or heirlooms can be a great way to personalize your session.
- Make sure to wear lingerie that supports your boobs.
- Bodysuits and corsets can be slimming options if you're feeling really self-conscious.
- Nude shoes naturally elongate legs. Avoid chunky heels and straps.
HAIR & MAKEUP: I recommend hiring professional hair and makeup services for your session to ensure you are confident and feeling your best. It is a good idea to bring the products used for touch ups during the session as well.
Recommended Hair and Makeup Artists in the NYC area:
ONE DAY BEFORE YOUR SESSION:
- Bathe, shave and moisturize.
- Remove ALL price tags, size & care labels, etc. from clothing, especially from lingerie and panties. They can ruin otherwise great photographs.
- Double-check everything is properly packed and ready for the shoot: heels, jewelry, accessories, props.
- Allow yourself plenty of time to get to the studio without stressing. Check weather and traffic reports to ensure you have allotted enough time for unexpected delays.
- Enjoy a relaxed, quiet evening.
- Plan for a good night’s sleep – eight hours is ideal.
THE DAY OF YOUR SESSION:
- Moisturize EVERYTHING. Moisturize your entire body.
- Use clear deodorant to avoid any white marks anywhere.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing to your session to avoid red marks on your skin (no jeans, tight socks or tight clothing, for instance).
- Eat something light but filling before you leave the house.
- Most important: Take a deep breath and RELAX. It’s completely normal to be nervous before your shoot, but don’t worry because you're in good hands and were going to have a great time!
LOCATIONS & TRAVEL: Try not to overthink selecting your location. Simple locations with significance like your home or a favorite hotel are all great ideas. To keep the session a surprise, my studio can be the best option for secrecy. Simple locations and backgrounds allow the focus to truly be on you without worrying about busy backgrounds. I typically recommend a bedroom set, black background, and/or white background (all can be provided in studio). I will provide a simple white comforter and pillows. I recommend you bring 1-2 other blankets AND throw pillows to add variety and can share your personality and taste.
Boudoir sessions are photographed either in the NYC area or when I am visiting an area for no additional fee. For additional travel expenses, a session can be at your desired location. If the location requires an admittance fee or permit for photography, clients are required to cover these expenses.
HOW TO LOOK NATURAL: We are here to have fun and celebrate this incredibly exciting time in your life and if you are having fun, looking natural will happen automatically. We will only do whatever you are comfortable with. I will guide you through the session on what to do and where to look, but always feel free to take whatever I say and make it your own.
FIVE DAYS BEFORE YOUR SESSION:
- If you wax, do so a few days before your shoot to avoid any bumpiness or redness.
- Make sure your eyebrows are nicely shaped and groomed.
- If you’re planning to visit the salon for a haircut or color, then give yourself a few days to make sure you are happy with it.
- Be sure to get a salon manicure and pedicure for a flawless finish.
- Stay out of the sun – while a base tan will be nice in photos, red, blotchy skin will not.
- PLEASE – DO NOT SPRAY TAN.
- Drink plenty of water for luminous skin.
- Lower your salt intake and avoid alcohol if you’re worried about retaining water.
- Try on your outfits and lingerie to make sure they fit properly; remove all tags and labels. Steam or iron your ensembles and hang them properly so they keep their shape as you travel to the studio.
POST SESSION: You did it! After the boudoir session, you will receive a sneak peek of a few images within a couple days of the session. Next, within 2-3 weeks I will send over the private online gallery for your approval of all the images from our session. Once you approve the gallery, and choose your three selects for retouching, I will update the gallery with your final photos. If you are doing an album, you will favorite your top 10-18 images in the gallery you want in the album and I will work on album layouts from there.