Final Preparations - The Morning Of The Wedding
It's finally here! We are only days away from your wedding date and all your hard work, preparation, and effort are about to be enjoyed. I wanted to let you know I am looking forward to capturing your wedding celebration and documenting your love story as it unfolds. I know you have a lot on your mind right now, so I wanted to share with you a final checklist to ensure we are able to capture the best images possible and stay on schedule.
Groom or Partner
I will spend 30-45 minutes with the groom and groomsmen while they are getting ready. It is key to keep the room clear of clutter and extra bags. I will need an area by a window clear, clean, and free of people to photograph all your details. Please make sure to have the following items ready to go in a bag for me when I arrive, so we can keep on schedule.
1. Suit jacket & shirt on a nice hanger (wooden or other hanger, but not a dry cleaner hanger) buttoned up.
2. Shoes, socks, tie, cuff links, watch, and any other items you are wearing or are special.
3. Groomsmen Gifts (if applicable).
4. Your vows (if applicable).
5. Gift Exchange (if applicable).
6. Your boutonnière (The flowers you wear on your jacket lapel).
7. Please have groom + groomsmen wearing pants & undershirts when I arrive.
TIPS: Know how to tie your bowtie or fold your pocket squares before the morning of the wedding day. You will also want to know how to pin a boutonniere.
2. Bride Or Partner
I will spend 60 minutes with the bride and bridesmaids while they are getting ready. The bride's hair and makeup should be completely done by the time arrive so we can photograph touch-ups only. It is key to keep the room clear of clutter and extra bags. I will need an area by a window clear, clean, and free of people to photograph all your details. Please make sure to have the following items ready to go for me when I arrive, so we can keep on schedule.
1. Bridal gown on special or nice hanger with ALL dress tissue paper and cardboard removed.
2. An invitation suite, including any save the dates & RSVP cards.
3. The Rings (both wedding bands & engagement ring).
4. Floral Bouquets (bridesmaids + brides).
5. Bridesmaids gifts (if applicable).
6. Your vows (if applicable).
7. Bridal shoes, jewelry, something blue, garter, or anything special you are wearing.
8. Gift Exchange (if applicable).
9. Please have bride + bridesmaids wearing any special robes, shirts, or attire when I arrive.
TIPS: Schedule an extra hour for your hair and makeup. I want you relaxed, sipping champagne when I arrive and not stressed because things are running behind.
Last Minute Reminders
It's a great idea to send out a last minute reminders to any family involved in the formal portraits so they remember where and when they are needed for photos.